Our bodies need the right care to function properly and stay healthy. This means getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and following a good, nutritious diet. Most everyone knows just how important these healthy tenets are, but that doesn’t mean they follow them.
This is where a nutrition program can help. A solid nutrition program in Fort Mill, SC is the foundation for all-around physical health. The goal could be to lose weight, maintain a healthy diet or support athletic performance. Depending on your needs, the program could include everything from meal planning and vitamins to regular consultations with a trained physician. Having a strong base will support improved physical health, maintain the immune system, reduce the risk of chronic disease and more. Here are just a few of the benefits of following a good nutrition program:
- Better overall health: Good nutrition is integral to your overall health. Research has shown that those who reported eating a diet lacking in healthy foods experienced more mental and physical health problems. A healthy, well-rounded diet should be full of protein, complex carbohydrates, essential fats, vitamins and minerals.
- Manage a healthy weight: Regularly eating healthy is the easiest way to stay in good physical shape. Fad diets and weight loss pills will never be as effective as eating a diet filled with fruits, proteins, vegetables and whole grains. Your physician can help develop a custom meal plan tailored to your unique nutritional and dietary needs.
- Reduce risk of chronic diseases: Adults and children who are overweight and regularly eat unhealthily have a higher risk of developing Type-2 diabetes, experiencing kidney failure or suffering from blindness. Some of these health issues are life-threatening or can even be fatal. Sound dietary habits are vital to decreasing the chances of developing a chronic disease.
- Maintain the immune system: The immune system needs a nutritious diet to defend the body against disease. Those who don’t regularly eat fruits or vegetables tend to have weakened immune systems, which makes them more susceptible to catching things like the common cold or even developing serious diseases. Eating a well-balanced diet is the best way to build and support a strong and healthy immune system.
- Increased energy: The body runs on food. Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are used for energy as they’re digested by the body. A suitable diet full of iron and vitamin C is a natural way to boost energy without the crash that comes with sugar or artificial energy drinks. Any deficiencies can lead to fatigue, irritability and lower energy.
Making the switch to a healthy diet can be confusing at first. Let the experts at Apollo Physical Medicine help by developing a custom nutrition program in Fort Mill, SC just for you. Whether you’re focused on losing weight or just staying healthy, our nutrition experts can create a customized plan to support your goals. Each plan is developed using your personal genetic lab work to ensure it’s absolutely right for you. Call us today to schedule a free consultation!
Categorised in: Nutrition Program