Millions of Americans suffer from chronic orthopedic pain. Whether it’s a knee that doesn’t move as it used to or a shoulder muscle that flares up every now and again, orthopedic pain is no fun at all. Luckily, orthopedics in Fort Mill, SC has come a long way in the past few decades.
Whereas old treatments used to consist of surgery or taking pain relievers throughout the day, we now have regenerative medicine and steroid injections that can make life easier for anyone living with chronic pain. What’s the difference between the two, though? And which one is right for you? Keep reading to find out!
Benefits of regenerative medicine
Regenerative medicine is a relatively new field that deals with taking stem cells from your blood, fat tissue or bone marrow and injecting them into damaged areas of your body. The idea is that the stem cells will “jumpstart” the healing process and get your body back to the way it once was:
- Regrow tissue and cartilage: Over time, stem cell injections should promote regrowth of damaged tissue and cartilage. Keep in mind that this procedure doesn’t yield the same results for each patient. Some people have much better luck with regenerative medicine than others.
- Treatment without surgery: If you’re like a lot of people, the idea of going under the knife is rather frightening! Even if the procedure goes as planned, you’ll still have to go through a lot of physical rehab to get back to being 100 percent. Instead of going through months of rehab, you could opt for regenerative therapy. In many cases, both surgery and regenerative treatments yield very similar results. The only difference is that regenerative therapy is much easier!
- Long-term relief: Just like with surgery, regenerative therapy provides patients with long-term positive results. Assuming everything goes as planned, no longer will you go through life living with chronic pain after you’ve had stem cell therapy.
Benefits of steroid injections
When most people think of steroids, the idea of “juiced-up” baseball players probably comes to mind. That’s not what we’re talking about here, though—steroids help millions of people across the nation who are suffering from pain. Here are a few of their benefits:
- Short-term pain relief: Visiting a clinic for a steroid injection in your sore joint or muscle provides short-term pain relief that makes daily life much more tolerable for those suffering from chronic pain.
- Increased functionality: Not only do injections reduce pain, but they also allow patients to better use their joints and muscles. After a steroid injection, patients are able to use their muscles and joints as well as they could before the onset of pain.
If you’re experiencing any pain, schedule an appointment with one of the specialists at Apollo Physical Medicine. Be it regenerative medicine or steroid injections, we can work with you to formulate a plan to ensure you’re able to live as pain-free as possible. From orthopedics in Fort Mill, SC to sports injury treatment, we’re your go-to choice for pain relief!
Categorised in: Orthopedics